Curling Alberta is looking for volunteers for the Curling Alberta’s annual Casino being held at the Casino Yellowhead in Edmonton, 12464-153 St. on August 1st and 2nd. We need people to fill the Banker, Cashier, Chip Runner, and Count Room volunteer roles. If you can help us with a shift it would be greatly appreciated. Cashier and Chip runner day shifts are from 9:30 am – 7:00 pm and evening shifts are from 6:45 pm -3:45 am. Please see below for more information. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Casino Volunteer Guidelines
- Volunteering at the casino is easy to do. Shifts are approximately 10 hours in length, with scheduled breaks and meals which are provided by Curling Alberta (no outside food or drinks are allowed).
- Free parking stalls are available on site. No reserved area for volunteers.
- Assistance, training, and support will be provided by experienced and licensed casino advisors in the cage and count room.
- All casinos are protected by security systems and alarms. Casino staff will escort volunteers to their vehicles upon request.
- Volunteers must present a photo ID when signing in and are expected to wear a name tag at all times. Dress is business casual – no jeans, sweats, or shorts.
- As a volunteer, you will not be allowed to play any casino game or slot machine at the casino, nor the VLT Games in the lounge on either day of our casino, whether you are on shift or not.
- Absolutely no alcohol consumption will be allowed during your shift.
The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) gives an opportunity to non-for-profits like us to receive revenue from gaming activities which will be used towards programs and projects for all of curling in Alberta.
To volunteer or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers are required no later than July 19th.