FULL TIME CURLING ICE TECH / RINK ATTENDANT
Huntington Hills Community Association & Curling Club (HHCA )
520 78th Avenue NW
Calgary, Alberta T2K 0S2
Curling Ice Tech / Rink Attendant (Seasonal Full Time) Term: August 1, 2023, to the Middle of April 2024 Wage Rate: Dependent on experience.
• Start Date August 1, 2023
• Application Deadline: July 21, 2023
• Hours: 35-44 per week
(“HHCA”) is accepting applications for a Curling Ice / Arena Ice Attendant for the
upcoming season. The HHCA consists of an eight-sheet Curling rink, a Hockey arena, a gym, and meeting rooms and is in the NW neighbourhood of Huntington Hills.
Reporting to the Head Ice Technician, you will ensure that ice operations run efficiently and safely while maintaining a positive working relationship with members, volunteers, staff and visitors to the HHCA.
● Assist with ice installation and removal
● Perform daily ice maintenance -mopping, pebbling, scraping, driving an Olympia and cleaning dressing rooms between all rentals
● Routine facility maintenance (changing lights, painting, repairs, etc)
● Other duties as assigned
Skills, Attributes & Qualifications:
● Curling level, 1 Arena level 1 an asset
● 1 or more years working on curling ice / arena ice considered an asset
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, work in a cold / wet environment and will include walking and/or standing.
● Drivers Licence Email to : email@example.com
Attention Scott Wasdal
● While we appreciate and thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.