Inglewood Golf and Curling Club is looking for a Curling Ice Technician for the 2021/2022 season for its 6 sheet curling facility.
The responsibilities of the Curling Ice Technician will be, but not limited to the following:
• Assist in the installation/removal and maintenance of the curling ice and facility
• Maintain personal and public safety around the workplace
• Snow removal on road, in parking lot and around buildings
• Assist on the golf course when needed
• Ensure that facility and equipment are secure at the end of each work day
• Level 1 and/or 2 Curling Ice Technician Certification (not required, but considered an asset)
• Ability to work at a fast pace on ice surfaces
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Highly motivated and a self-starter
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Understanding of curling rules and etiquette (not required, but considered an asset)
• Works well in a team environment
The Ice Technician will report to the Head Ice Technician as well as the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendents. The curling season begins mid-September and runs until the end of March and requires working early mornings, evenings and weekends. Year round employment is possible for the right candidate.
Inglewood is looking for someone interested in developing a career in the curling industry. Ideally, advancement to the Head Ice Technician position would occur in 2 – 3 years.
Golfing and curling privileges are extended to employees of Inglewood.
Installation starts mid-September, but can be negotiated.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.