Curling Manager – Huntington Hills Community Association
We are seeking a Curling Manager for our Curling Club at the Huntington Hills Community Association. We offer 8 sheets of curling ice. We have over 700 members and we are a vibrant and strong community based curling club.
The Curling Club Manager will report directly to the General Manager of the facility. Additionally, the Curling Club Manager is required to maintain positive and productive relationships with all curling leagues and their representatives as well as all customers of Huntington Hills Community Association.
Role Over-View – Primary Duties
Oversee the day to day operations of the curling area which would include:
- Coordinate leagues, venue rentals, school classes and leagues, bonspiels, curling instruction, corporate league rentals
- Market, promote and provide Learn to Curl Clinics for all ages – as well as marketing for all curling activity
- Event Management for Corporate, School or League Bonspiels
- Promote the Club including seeking and maintaining sponsorships, member growth and facility rentals.
- Website and Social media management
- Junior Curling program management and training of volunteers
- Manage a Curling Budget – including maintaining all invoicing of curling customers
- Demonstrated experience in sport organization business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good Computer skills
- Curling Experience or a willingness to learn the game and become a qualified instructor
- Adaptable work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- A vulnerable Sector Check is required – Police Check
- Desire to be part of a growing dynamic team as we are a multi use facility
Start date would be mid August
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Barb Dickson. Barb.firstname.lastname@example.org