Job Title: EYCA League / Program Coordinator
The Edmonton Youth Curling Association (EYCA) is a Not-for-Profit Society that was founded in 2017. The EYCA’s principal objective is to promote the growth and development of youth curling in the Edmonton area. We achieve this objective by providing the infrastructure and means whereby Edmonton area junior curlers are provided programming opportunities to participate in the sport of curling.
As the EYCA continues to grow in the years ahead, our hope is to expand our programming activities to include Bonspiels, multiple league types (doubles, super league), Player and Coach Development Clinics, Scholarship Programs, and School Outreach Programs.
Our success and ability to offer such programming requires support from a league / program coordinator and our association board members.
The EYCA is seeking to hire a League / Program Coordinator to organize and support the various activities for the EYCA. This position is to be filled by August 2022.
Responsibilities and tasks associated with the role include:
• Organization, coordination, and administration of the EYCA league(s) activities
• Work with the EYCA Board to achieve the objectives of growing and developing youth curling in the Edmonton area
• First point of contact for inquiring parents, curling club junior program coordinators, and curling club managers
• Organize, schedule and attend EYCA scheduled league play (booking ice-times, creating the draw, reinforcing the rules, etc.) This may include both standard and doubles format
• Administer registrations for EYCA League(s)
• Work in concert with the Treasurer in the collection of fees
• Assist the Treasurer with the Administration of EYCA payments and remunerations
• Work with the EYCA webmaster to keep the website current, including posting the results for EYCA League(s)
• Organize and coordinate volunteer positions where applicable
• Plan and coordinate the Year-End wrap up fun spiel / party
• Assist the Bonspiel Committee with the coordination of a multi-day Bonspiel
• General trouble-shooting and problem-solving
• Organize and actively post on social media to promote league activities and sponsors
• Attend EACC meetings as and/or when required
• Coordinating the procurement of any league attire or items (shirts, water bottles, etc.)
Qualification / Assets:
• Knowledge of curling and curling culture
• Responsible, reliable, and competent
• Energetic and flexible
• Strong e-mail and inter-personal communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Experience with updating websites and social media
• Willingness and interest to grow with the EYCA as its activities expand
• Flexibility in work hours, availability on weekends October through March
Effort / time commitment of the role:
It is anticipated that a significant amount of effort will be required at the beginning of the season (August/September) to contact clubs to secure ice time, develop a preliminary schedule along with administering the registration process. Throughout the season, effort typically will be revolve around attending league play, answering team questions, social media updates to support the continued growth of youth curling in the Edmonton region. As league play comes to a close, effort will be required in the planning of the year end wrap up for the league and supporting any bonspiels that may occur. The estimate hours per week pro – rated over the year is approx.. 5 to 8 hours a week.
Further details on compensation and the time commitments associated with this position are to be discussed with interested candidates. Dependent on the hire’s qualifications, salary ranges from $10,000 – $12,000.
June 27, 2022 (by 5:00pm)
Interviewing for the position will commence the week of July 4, 2022. Final decision for the position will be made by July 11, 2022.
Please send a letter of intent that highlights qualifications along with a resume that includes at least 2 references to the “EYCA Board.” Applications can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org