| Leduc Curling Club
Call for Applications – General Manager
The Leduc Curling Club (LCC) is seeking a motivated, dynamic individual to serve as General Manager for our curling facility located in Leduc, Alberta. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, with innovative ideas, love working with people and are interested in the opportunity to assist the Board of Directors in building our membership and program offerings, we are looking for you!
Located in the heart of the Leduc Recreation Center, the Leduc Curling Club is a progressive non-profit organization dedicated to show casing and growing the sport of Curling. We strive to offer superior customer service, engaging events, skill-appropriate leagues, and high-quality instructional programs.
This club was established over 100 years ago and is a proud community member. We are recognized globally for having hosted numerous national and provincial events over the past decade including Curl 4 Canada event in 2018, which was a finalist for the Canadian Sport Event of the Year award. In addition, we are home to Curling Alberta’s summer camps “Alberta Rocks”, a competitive summer league, and practice ice for national and international teams looking to kick off their season early.
Start Date: As soon as May 15, 2023
- Minimum 2 years Management experience required. Experience working with a non-profit sport organization is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years Office Management experience is required including full cycle bookkeeping and contracts/licensing. Grant writing experience is considered an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage website and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Ideally a curling “enthusiast” who is familiar with all aspects of the sport. NCCP coaching levels and previous coaching experience considered an asset.
- People person with the ability to relate through excellent oral and written communication skills to members, business community, curling associations, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic that values responsibility, accountability, and reliability.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays per programming needs.
Curling Membership Related:
- Maintain membership database and online registration system.
- Scheduling of facility programs and leagues in collaboration with Board of Directors.
- Host recreational and competitive bonspiels as well as bid for provincial playdown events in conjunction with the Board of Directors. Create annual calendar of events for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and administer a robust membership drive including learn to curl opportunities throughout the season, ongoing learn to curl programs, and a “rookie” league. Track participant conversion rate from the learning pathway to regular league members.
- Reach out to various community organizations to make connections with potential new curlers (Chamber of Commerce, etc.)
- Assign lockers and maintain records.
- Greet visitors and participants, interact with membership, make on ice announcements to leagues.
- Provide scheduling and coordinate with ice staff for preparation & maintenance of ice.
- Full Cycle Bookkeeping, including accounts receivable, invoicing, and accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly financial and operations reports for the Board of Directors.
- Manage and procure contracts and licenses (e.g., insurance, internet).
- Answer all phones and email inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ensure the website is up to date with current League standings, draws, member information, upcoming events, learn to curl opportunities, etc.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, develop and implement a marketing plan.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, coordinate with City of Leduc staff for general organization of the leased area.
- Obtain quotes/upgrades for small projects.
- Assign/track club keys, club security code access, club laptop and tablets.
- Seek out sponsorship/advertising and execute agreements.
- Manage “Curling Stadium” camera system.
- Manage Facility rentals including practice ice, corporate events, private events, etc.
- Manage small pro shop including inventory and sales.
- Develop business strategies and plans that align with the short and long-term objectives of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary range is commensurate with education and experience.
Posting closes as soon as April 28 or when a suitable candidate is found.
Email resume and cover letter by April 28, 2023, to Dawn Gavin, firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A preferred candidate has been identified, but all applications will be considered.