General Manager Opportunity – Fort St. John Curling Club
The Fort St. John Curling Club has been operating in Fort St. John, British Columbia since 1946. The Fort St. John Curling Club is primarily a volunteer-run non profit that provides a full complement of evening and daytime curling leagues, bonspiels, clinics, and numerous other curling and non-curling activities for its members. The Club also generates revenue through sponsorship, advertising, and by hosting private ice and dry rentals to members and the public during the curling and summer season.
Under the direction of the Board of the Fort St. John Curling Club the General Manager will run the day-to-day operations of the club. The position will commence as soon as possible and will be a full time salaried position. Must be available Monday to Friday and some weekends in keeping with the League Schedule and Venue Bookings. Expect to work long hours during the curling season.
• Coordinate our curling leagues, bonspiels, play-offs and various club events.
• Oversee Bar Staff and maintain bar inventory controls.
• Manage clinics, pro-shop, and private rentals. Maintain pro-shop inventory.
• Manage our annual financial budget to ensure we achieve budgeted income each year.
• Oversee bookkeeping/payroll and work with treasurer to ensure financial statements are generated on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that invoices for venue bookings and advertising fees are issued in a timely manner. Includes follow up on unpaid invoices.
• Act as ambassador for the Club; recruit members and promote the game of curling within our community.
• Oversee building maintenance — liaise with various parties including City of Fort St. John and ice maintenance staff to ensure that the building is maintained. Be prepared to assist with maintaining building cleanliness as needed.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Experience in customer-facing capacity (customer support or sales), with great communication skills.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in dealing with club members, curlers, volunteers and the general public.
• An understanding of the sport of Curling – rules/the curling community, and field of play.
• Approachable, positive, and are able to work with a wide variety of people.
• Business background – proven manager, with ability to see the big picture and willing to wear multiple hats to manage the diverse range of duties required of this position.
• Good computer skills.
Competitive compensation package with bonus structure.
Please send resume to email@example.com