The Pidherney Centre, home to Red Deer Curling, is seeking a new General Manager that is responsible for the successful operation and development of the Pidherney Centre. The Pidherney Centre is a multi-use facility with curling as the main activity. We also host meetings, weddings, trade shows etc. during both the curling season and the off season. The Pidherney Centre has 12 sheets of curling ice and is home to about 750 members that play in 17 different leagues. This is a world class facility that was built in 2012. We have a lounge, curling pro shop, full kitchen and banquet facilities. We are located in Red Deer, Alberta.
– The General Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors and is generally responsible for the financial accountability of the Pidherney Centre, event and facility promotion, membership recruitment, staffing, communication with membership and social media as well as the day to day operations of the facility which includes overseeing the pro shop, kitchen and front office.
This is a full time position in which the time commitment may include weekdays, weekends and evenings especially during our peak season from October to the end of March.
– Marketing and promotion of leagues, events, bonspiels and the facility in general
– Organizing and overseeing club hosted events and leagues. Draws and schedules.
– Overseeing maintenance of the facility
– Attend Board meetings with a prepared manager report and financial reports.
– Implement approved policies and by-laws
– Overseeing of bar, pro shop, kitchen and ice operations
– Applying for grants
– Developing and maintaining of current and new sponsorship opportunities
– Assisting rental leagues and bonspiels
Education and Experience
– Post-secondary education in business and or recreation management
– Minimum of 5 years experience with customer service, supervisor and/or management experience
– Knowledge of curling club operations and the sport of curling is considered an asset
– Experience in general computer software plus social media
– Personable individual with strong public relations and communication skills.
– Financial/accounting experience
– Experience in the non-profit sector considered an asset
– Criminal Record Check
– This is a full time salaried position with salary based on experience
To apply please send your resume by email to email@example.com with “General Manager” in the subject line by May 15th, 2022. Only those that are granted interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.