The position of Ice Technician will report to the General Manager of the Thistle Curling Center and/or the Board of Directors.
The Ice Technician is responsible for the day-to-day ice operations of the club. We expect our Ice Technicians to ensure the playing surface meets or exceeds the expectations and standards our members have come to expect from the Thistle Curling Club. The typical curling season runs from the beginning of October until mid-April each year. This time frame will and can be altered to meet the needs of the Thistle with the agreement of the Ice Technician
The Ice Technician will work with the General Manger to on a regular basis and provide an ice maintenance schedule to ensure a smooth transition between draws, bonspiels, and special events. The ice technician is to oversee the operation of the rink and ice including all aspects of the plant.
The ice technician and/or staff will ensure all pubic areas are clean and presentable daily, this includes lower lever seating area, lounge, and washrooms. The sidewalks leading into the Curling Center will be cleared of snow and ice by the Ice staff, these are the walkways form the parking lot and City of Edmonton sidewalk directly in front of the property. The walkways that are along the playing surface need to be clutter free following the City of Edmonton Fire Code.
• Plant Start up and Ice Installation
• Maintaining the club standards of playing conditions
• Daily ice maintenance
• Hiring, training, and scheduling of ice maintenance staff. The hiring will be in collaboration with the General Manager.
• Daily ice and plant logs
• End of season shut down
• Inspect and arrange repairs of all ice making and maintenance equipment
• Be present during all draws to observe how the ice performs
• Perform janitorial duties as required by the General Manager
• Prepare an annual ice installation and maintenance budget
• Forecast potential additional expenses
• Successful completion of the Curling Alberta Level 1 and 2 Ice Technician Workshops ice technician’s certificate
Interested parties please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org