The Pidherney Centre, Home to Red Deer Curling, is currently seeking a Head Ice Technician starting in the 2022/23 curling season and beyond. This person is primarily responsible for the installation of and maintaining of 12 sheets of high standard curling ice in a world class ice facility that was built in 2012. The Pidherney Centre is a multi-use facility that is home to over 750 members and 17 curling leagues. We also host numerous bonspiels throughout the curling season. This facility is located in Red Deer, Alberta.
– installation and removal of 12 sheets of curling ice
– Maintain a high standard of curling ice
– Keep ice area clean, make sure amenities are full. IE: water bottles, cups and kleenex.
– Hire, train, schedule and supervise staff
– Answer ice plant alarms
– Maintenance as required from time to time around the entire facility
– Set-up, tear down and clean-up of ice area for special events
– Snow removal as needed on the outside of the facility
– Assist with operational budget
– Oversee outside contract work
– Collaborate with GM and front office staff in regards to ice and event schedules
– Season end cleaning of ice surface and rink area. Ice equipment and rocks stored properly
– Transport liquor deliveries to the lounge when needed
– Ice operation monthly report for Board
– Other odd jobs as directed by General Manager.
Education & Experience
– Level 2 or higher ice tech certificate
– Minimum 5 years experience in ice making with experience in competitive ice considered an asset.
– Must be able to lift a minimum 50lbs
– Excellent customer service skills
– Flexible in schedule as weekends, weekdays and evenings are required
– WHMIS certified or willing to get at expense of the Red Deer Curling Centre
– First Aid certified or willing to obtain at the expense of the Red Deer Curling Centre
– Criminal Record Check
– Year round employment and a salary of $70,000 plus, depending on qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head Ice Technician” in the subject line. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.