The Airdrie Curling Club (ACC) is seeking applicants for the position of Ice Manager. This is a contract position that will install, maintain, and remove the curling ice for the Airdrie Curling Club, maintaining the highest quality ice at all times.
Minimum Curl Canada Level 1 Ice Technician
Minimum 2 years experience
Criminal Background including Vulnerable Sectors Check
Vehicle required for pick ups and errands as required
Ability to lift and carry 60 pounds
General Job Duties:
• Responsible for installation, daily maintenance, and removal of ice
• Be responsible for the hiring, training, and supervising of all ice assistants.
• Maintain ice conditions and identify issues to ensure proper curl, speed, and cleanliness of the ice
• Ensure cleanliness and safety of arena area including vacuuming carpets, clean/wipe down windows, benches, score boards, and water dispensers as required. All garbage containers are cleaned, and garbage is dumped as needed.
• Remove ice at the end of the curling season, including putting away of logos, curling rocks and all ice making equipment.
• Detailed daily records of ice temperatures, brine temperature, humidity readings, ambient air reading and ice plant readings directly from the plant equipment.
• Scheduled and non-scheduled equipment maintenance.
• Curling stone maintenance-scheduled and non-schedule
• Monthly Ice and arena update required for Board of Directors
• Work closely with the Club Manager to ensure smooth operation of leagues, bonspiels and other scheduled events while minimizing costs
• It is expected that the Ice Manager will work with the House and Ice Board Liaison to develop a comprehensive reporting system
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Don at email@example.com. Only those being considered will be contacted.