ISO: Ice Technician/Caretaker
The Slave Lake Curling Association (SLCA) is currently seeking a head Ice Technician for the 2021-22 season.
This position will start on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 and will end on March 31, 2022. There is the possibility to start up to two weeks earlier to aid with the ice install.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Coordinate and provide leadership in the daily operation of ice making, maintenance and improvement of ice operations.
• All on-ice operations – ice maintenance, monitoring, water quality sealing, flooding, pebbling, painting, scraping, temperature control, frost heaving, curling stones, brine, refrigeration, humidity, energy conservation & safety.
• Maintain ice shed level locker rooms, bathrooms, and common area.
• Attend all SLCA board meetings during the curling season.
Skill and Attributes (asset, not required):
• Ice Technician Certification, Previous ice technician experience
• Self-motivated and works well with minimal direction
• Ability to work with flexible hours depending on the task at hand
If the successful applicant does not have a Level 1 Ice Technician Certificate then the SLCA will require the applicant to attend a Level 1 Ice Technician course run by Curling Alberta. This will be done at the SLCA’s cost.
There are other OPTIONAL responsibilities with this position. Wage will be negotiated based on these duties as well. They include:
• Bar manager.
• Maintenance of upstairs bathrooms and common area.
• Seek and apply for grants on behalf of the SLCA.
Salary: Competitive wage based on experience
Any questions or inquiries can contact Donna Arseneau @ 780-805-9158. Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to email@example.com