Ice Technician/Club Manager
The Fort McMurray Oilsands Curling Club has been a cornerstone non-profit organization in our local community since 2004, providing fun activities for individuals of all ages, and attracting major national curling events to Fort McMurray. We are looking for an Ice Technician / Club Manager for the upcoming 2020/2021 curling season. Our eight sheet club is centrally located in the MacDonald Island Park Complex. If you thrive on interacting with people, are a self-motivated, customer focused and an experienced ice technician, we are interested in hearing from you.
• Level 1 ice technician (preference given to level 2 and above)
• Current Criminal record check
• Vulnerable Sector Check required
• September to End of March (7-month term)
• 2021 Canadian Junior Championship (March 15 to March 23, 2021)
• 2020/2021 Men’s Qualifier (January 2020)
• Club Bonspiels (approx. 1 per month)
Duties: You will be responsible for general operational support of our curling club:
• Responsibility for all ice maintenance and ice preparation activities during season:
o Installation of ice at the beginning of the season, removal of ice at the end of the season
o Monitor and regularly inspect the ice equipment to ensure they are in safe and serviceable condition. Identify issues and report to board if expenditures are required, to receive approval prior to moving forward with repairs that are not covered by the Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo (RRC), operators of the MacDonald Island Park Complex.
o Facilitate all ice activities, ensuring a safe, high quality playing surface for all leagues, rentals, bonspiels and other functions as required.
o Supervise and schedule volunteer assistants, if required.
• Registration of curlers and processing of payments as required including volunteer fees.
• Coordinating with league reps to ensure teams are accounted for and schedule can be developed/updated.
• Be first point of contact with club for members, the public, suppliers and contractors.
• Coordination of volunteers and curling participants for all club activities, and providing office hours if required.
• Coordinate ice booking, equipment rentals, and invoicing/payment, and providing curling on-ice instruction for bookings as required. Maintain an accurate calendar of events/bookings and required volunteers.
• Assist in running the Junior/Little Rocks program.
• Liaise with MacDonald Island staff and other community clubs.
• Support executive directors, league reps, bonspiel coordinators and special events as required.
• Work with club treasurer to keep financial transactions up to date as required.
• Attend monthly Board of Directors meetings and take direction from Board if required.
• Assist with Casino/other club fundraising activities such as raffles (including tracking sheets and ticket collection).
• Maintain inventory of curling supplies for sale at the club.
• Assist in finding new club sponsors/grants/funding and procuring sponsor signage as required, and complete club promotion activities as required.
• Any additional administrative duties required for smooth operation of the club (including but not limited to: collecting mail, completing bank deposits, answering phone/email, purchasing supplies if approved by the Board of Directors, updating club board/webpage, maintaining the office clean and organized).
Please email your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2020.