Job Title: “Ready to Rock” Lead Instructor
Job Type: Contract Position – Part-time
Term: 2021- 2022 Curling Season (September – January)
Location: Various Alberta Curling Clubs (50 locations)
Curling Alberta is excited to launch a new youth program for the upcoming season, aimed at increasing diversity and inclusion in our sport. We are seeking instructors for the upcoming 2021/2022 curling season to work 3-10 events per month. Instructors will visit curling clubs throughout their region, delivering basic curling instruction to children and youth for the Ready to Rock free Try-It Day event.
Ready to Rock Program Description:
The Ready to Rock program will accommodate up to 4800 participants in 50 locations across Alberta. The program will specifically target BIPOC youth aged 9-15, as well as youth from financially marginalized families. We believe that removing barriers to entry and targeting youth from a more diverse socioeconomic and ethnic make-up, will ensure that curling continues to be an inclusive sport that fosters a culture where everyone is welcome. The Ready to Rock program will include a free Try-It event day, followed by an 8-week Learn to Curl program.
– Provide leadership, supervision, and basic curling instruction to children and youth aged 9-15.
– Collaborate with Ready to Rock program volunteers to provide positive experiences for children and youth.
– Communicate effectively and appropriately with program participants and their families, as well as Ready to Rock program staff and volunteers.
– Provide group supervision and behavioral management to ensure the safety of participants during all aspects of the program.
– Provide a fun, respectful, and inclusive environment for all program participants.
CLICK HERE to view the full job posting.