Club Manager, Ellerslie Curling and Recreation Association (ECRA)
ECRA is a Curling Club with an active curling season that normally runs from September to April each year. The Club Manager will report directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the financial accountability of the club, including event promotion and membership recruitment and retention, as well as the day to day operations of the facilities.
The ECRA Manager is an independent contractor working under a contract for service to provide for management of the club over a full yearly cycle.
A complete and detailed list of duties and responsibilities can be provided upon submission of a resume and cover letter if the individual is selected for further assessment.
• The Club manager will report to and meet monthly with Board of Directors, including preparation of a monthly reports and financial statement.
• Liaise with kitchen leasee, vendors, clients, and club members.
• Implement and administer Club/board approved policies and agreements.
• Review and track daily financial revenue and expenses, daily bookkeeping requirements to meet audit standards, reconcile with treasurer reports.
• Marketing and promotion of leagues, events and bonspiels
• Organizing and implementing Club hosted events
• Administering the curling season
• Managing bar, including inventory
• Managing the maintenance of the facilities
Education and Experience
An ideal candidate would have:
• Post secondary education in business or recreation management,
• Minimum 5 years experience in customer service industry plus supervisory and/or management experience,
• Significant knowledge of curling operations,
• Skills in most general computer software including social media and promotional platforms and websites, and,
• Ability to follow and enforce organizational policies
• Inventory tracking
• Customer service
• Staff training and scheduling
• Bar service, Smart serve certified
• Valid G licence
• Use of personal vehicle
• Job is located in Edmonton, AB
• A GST Registration number will be required upon signing of the contract
Submissions of interest should be sent to the President of the Board of Directors, Warren Dmyterko at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on Thursday, April 14, 2022
Anticipated start date: May 9, 2022
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Remuneration: To be negotiated commiserate with experience of the successful candidate.
• Casual Dress
• Flexible Schedule
• On-site Parking
Schedule: As an independent contractor, the successful candidate would be required to manage their time and attend in person at the club in a manner that allows them to meet their contractual obligations.