The St. Albert Curling Club is a busy curling club offering curling leagues and programs 7 days a week, along with a banquet facility available for rentals. Working in collaboration with the general manager, the successful incumbent will have responsibilities surrounding St Albert Curling Club’s ancillary revenue generating activities – with emphasis on venue rentals and marketing, as well as curling membership services and related duties. The ability to organize and manage multiple projects, good working knowledge of various marketing tactics, social media, and website maintenance. Strong communication and computer skills are required.
This is a full-time position, and as the responsibilities coincide with curling and event schedules, must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
REMUNERATION: $50,000-60,000 including competitive benefits package
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pro-Shop sales, inventory management.
• Promotion and execution of the school curling program, including instructing, volunteer recruitment, bookings.
• Member services – phone, email, in-person.
• Pursue new sponsorship avenues to assist with funding and promoting the St Albert Curling Club within the community.
• Assist with recruitment, scheduling, and supervision of part-time seasonal staff responsible for liquor service during curling leagues, bonspiels, and other events.
• Responsible for setup and take down of furniture and fixtures required during rental and other special events.
MARKETING & VENUE RENTAL
• Regularly review and update website to ensure information is current and relevant and reflects the St Albert Curling Club brand.
• Ensure strong social media presence, promoting the St Albert Curling Club, the sport of curling, special occasion rentals, community events, etc.
• Lead for promoting our venue for rental bookings, working with prospective clients, contract management, liaison with catering services, and post-event evaluations.
SUPPORT TO GENERAL MANAGER
• Provide backup support to the General Manager as required.
• Contribute to the development of the club’s annual business plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Valid Pro-Serve certification required (or willingness to obtain within one month of hiring.)
Experience supervising part-time seasonal staff considered an asset
Experience in a customer service or hospitality environment considered an asset
Experience in marketing, communications, or sales considered an asset
Experience in event planning considered an asset
Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Ability to manage website and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
NCCP coaching levels and previous coaching experience considered an asset.
Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms considered an asset
Knowledge of curling club operations considered an asset
Knowledge of all aspects of the sport of curling considered an asset
Skills & Abilities
Excellent people skills – possessing a positive, friendly attitude.
Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
Strong organizational, time management, and customer service skills
Strong problem-solving skills to react quickly and decisively to resolve issues.
Self motivated with the ability to work effectively alone as well as within a team environment.
Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, database maintenance, web design, etc