Our Excel Skills Camps are aimed at U15 and U18 curlers with a strong desire to improve their technical and tactical skills. These innovative one-day camps have been designed to help aspiring competitive curlers build the technical and tactical foundation required to support their ongoing development.
The Excel Skills Camps initiative will be coordinated by 2012 Scotties champion, Beth Iskiw, who brings tremendous experience and insight to her role. “In the past there has been a lack of quality instruction available to U15 and U18 curlers, and especially to those looking to take the next step,” she notes. “We are convinced that our new Excel Skills Camps will help to fill that gap, however, and we’re all really looking forward to getting started.”Joining Beth on the Excel Skills Camps coaching staff are defending Scotties champion Dana Ferguson (Saville), Renee and Les Sonnenberg (Grande Prairie), as well as Penny Duncan and Allison Earl (Okotoks). In an effort to enhance the learning environment, each Excel Skills Camp coach will work with a maximum of eight curlers at a time and will follow a carefully developed and cutting-edge curriculum.
Excel Skills Camps
Grande Prairie Curling Centre
- Excel Skills Camp (Fall) – October 19, 2019
- Excel Skills Camp (Fall) – October 20, 2019
- Excel Skills Camp (Sexsmith) – February 8, 2020
Saville Community Sports Centre
- Excel Skills Camp (Fall) – November 2, 2019
- Excel Skills Camp (Fall) – November 3, 2019
- Excel Skills Camp (Winter) – February 8, 2020
- Excel Skills Camp (Winter) – February 9, 2020