Often nonprofit staff and volunteers without financial training wind up in charge of organization or program budgets. This introductory webinar is for non-financial people who want to learn the basic building blocks of good budgeting. We’ll look at the entire budgeting process from a high level, including the basic building blocks of who, when, why, and how. We’ll also give you an idea of what other resources can help, including an inside look at the CharityVillage Budgeting for Nonprofits eLearning course, authored by the webinar presenter, Gordon Holley of Humanity Financial Management Inc.
Budgeting for Beginners (and non-financial people)
Topic: Budgeting for Beginners (and non-financial people) in Small to Mid-Size Charities and Nonprofit Organizations
Date: Tuesday, November 26 at 1pm ET / 10am PT (webinar is one hour in length)
Audience: Nonprofit employees and volunteers without a finance background and who would like to better understand the budgeting process.
Cost: Free – Register Now
Important Note: While registration is open to all, attendance is limited to the first 1,000 people to sign onto the live session. We suggest signing on five minutes early to have the best chance of getting on the live session. If for any reason you aren’t able to connect to the live session, rest assured you’ll get the full recording by email the following day.
What you’ll learn
Learning objectives for this session include:
- Why? Understand why a good budget is one of the most valuable organizational tools
- Who? Learn who should participate in the budgeting process and what they’re roles should be
- When? Explain the budgeting cycle and when it should happen
- How? Clarify the budgeting process and the steps required to create a really useful budget
- Review additional resources for budgeting, including the Budgeting for Nonprofits eLearning course