Curling Alberta sanctions 30 provincial qualifiers and 12 provincial Championships each season. Our goal is to host premium events that provide the best facilities and conditions in which the curlers may compete on an equal basis to the best of their abilities. To assist with future planning, we are now looking for hosts for the next three seasons, 2021-’22, 2022-’23, and 2022-’24.
We invite you to express your interest in hosting a Provincial Qualifier and/or Championship. This is a great way to showcase your curling centre to the top curlers in Alberta and their fans. Expression of interests for the 2021-’22 season must be received by January 1, 2021.
For more information on hosting a Provincial Qualifier or Championship please review the following documents:
- Provincial Qualifier Hosting Guide
- Provincial Championship Hosting Guide
- Provincial Championship Bid Package (this is not required to express interest in hosting)
- Please complete the following expression of interest
- Once Curling Alberta receives a copy of your form, a staff member will follow up with the individual listed on the form for more information. If the interested club is applying for a provincial championship, the staff member will send the bid package for completion.
- Refer to page 4 of the Bid Package for more information on the bid process.
The Next Steps:
A representative from Curling Alberta will contact you after receiving your expression of interest and will discuss the event with you further. To get ahead of the process for provincial championships please complete Curling Alberta’s Bid Package which can be found here. There is no bid package for provincial qualifiers.
For Provincial Championship questions, please contact Championships Coordinator Michael Laderoute (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-454-2814)
For Provincial Qualifier questions please contact Competition Coordinators, Britney Andersen (email@example.com or 587-223-7528) or Vicki Baird (firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-292-0305) with questions.