EYCA – Edmonton Youth Curling Association
Job Title: EYCA Coordinator
The Edmonton Youth Curling Association (EYCA) is a Not-for-Profit Society that was founded in 2017. The EYCA’s principal objective is to promote the growth and development of youth curling in the Edmonton area. We achieve this objective by providing the infrastructure and means whereby Edmonton area junior curlers are provided programming opportunities to participate in the sport of curling.
As the EYCA continues to grow in the years ahead, our hope is to expand our programming activities to include Bonspiels, multiple league types (doubles, super league), Player and Coach Development Clinics, Scholarship Programs, and School Outreach Programs.
Our success and ability to offer such programming requires support from a league / program coordinator and our association board members.
The EYCA is seeking to hire a Coordinator to organize and support the various activities for the EYCA. This position is to be filled by August 1st, 2021.
Responsibilities and tasks associated with the role include:
- Organization, coordination, and administration of the EYCA league(s) activities
- Work with the EYCA Board to achieve the objectives of growing and developing youth curling in the Edmonton area
- First point of contact for inquiring parents, curling club junior program coordinators, and curling club managers
- Organize, schedule and attend EYCA scheduled league play (booking ice-times, creating the draw, reinforcing the rules, etc.)
- Assisting the Board in the planning and future development of new junior curling league opportunities (e.g., Doubles League, Junior Super League, etc.), and once established, organize and schedule league play accordingly
- Administer registrations for EYCA League(s)
- Work in concert with the Treasurer in the collection of fees
- Assist the Treasurer with the Administration of EYCA payments and remunerations
- Work with the EYCA webmaster to keep the website current, including posting the results for EYCA League(s)
- Organize and coordinate volunteer positions where applicable
- Plan and coordinate the Year-End wrap up fun spiel / party
- Assist the Bonspiel Committee with the coordination of a multi-day Bonspiel
- General trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Liaise with EYCA Board on challenges, opportunities and strategies for success
- Key point of contact / liaison with school board run leagues and promote youth curling for EYCA
- Organize and actively post on social media to promote league activities and sponsors
- Ensure sponsorship package obligations are being maintained
- Attend EACC meetings as and/or when required
- Coordinating the procurement of any league attire or items (shirts, water bottles, etc.)
Qualification / Assets:
- Knowledge of curling and curling culture
- Responsible, reliable, and competent
- Ability to work independently and achieve operational requirements
- Energetic and flexible
- Strong e-mail and inter-personal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with updating websites and social media
- Willingness and interest to grow with the EYCA as its activities expand
- Flexibility in work hours, availability on weekends October through March
Time commitment of the role:
This is part time position which will require varying degrees of time commitment based on the association’s needs.
It is anticipated that a significant amount of time will be required at the beginning of the season (August/September) to contact clubs to secure ice time, develop a preliminary schedule along with administering the registration process. Throughout the season, time allocation will typically revolve around attending league play, answering team questions, social media updates and reaching out to school leagues to support the continued growth of youth curling in the Edmonton region. As league play comes to a close, additional time will be required in the planning of the year end wrap up for the league and supporting any bonspiels that may occur.
Further details on compensation and the time commitments associated with this position are to be discussed with interested candidates. Dependent on the hire’s qualifications, the annual contract amount is anticipated to range from $10,000 to $12,000.
July 9th, 2021 (by 5:00pm)
Interviewing for the position will take place the week of July 12th. Final decision for the position will be made by July 24th.
Please send a letter of intent that highlights qualifications along with a resume that includes at least 2 references to the “EYCA Board.” Applications can be sent either by e-mail (to email@example.com) or by letter mail to “EYCA Board, 9330-80 avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6C-0T9”