The Granite Curling Club is accepting applications for the position of General Manager.
The GM is accountable directly to the Granite Curling Club Board of Directors and receives direction from the board.
Date of Description:
Position Description to be reviewed annually.
The GM is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Granite Curling Club. A year-round position, the GM ensures that the club provides all services required by its curling and other clientele including, but not limited to:
• Supporting Granite and rental league ice requirements
• Providing food and beverage services
• Maintaining and increasing the client base during both the on-and-off-season
• Maintain the physical plant, and all its components e.g. Kitchen, lounge, outside property, etc, by ensuring that all necessary maintenance work is completed. The GM is directly responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the ice area including staffing for that purpose.
• Ensure that high levels of service are provided to all curlers and other clients utilizing the Granite Curling Club in all aspects of the business e.g. lounge, food services, pro-shop, through securing competent and appropriate levels of staff.
• Manage the day-to-day, and long term financial aspects of the club i.e. the accounting cycle, e.g. accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation’s, curling fee collection, financial accounting of activities, etc.
• Recommend to the Board of Directors any required improvements or amendments to the Granite Curling Club’s operations that would contribute to its success.
• Promote and increase the profile of the club and facility through active and ongoing marketing efforts directed at both on-and off-season uses i.e. develop new markets for the facility.
• Ensure written procedures are developed for managing aspects of the club’s operations.
• Any other duties as determined from time to time by the Granite Curling Club Board of Directors
Formal Education: Business Degree and/or Hospitality Degree/Diploma or related experience. Accounting degree/diploma considered an asset. At minimum – 2 years bookkeeping experience. Must be proficient on Social media (web, Facebook, Twitter), Microsoft Suite of products – specifically Excel and Word, Internet, Email, and Quickbooks.
Experience: Management responsibilities related to staffing and budgeting. Experience also preferred in managing employees.
Special Requirements: Flexible and able to work various and late hours, strong commitment to customer service, able to prioritize and identify and solve problems.