Curling Alberta has its sights set on the top of the world. We proudly serve and respond to the needs of our members and partners through a collaborative and community-based approach. Our organization is committed to inspire, promote, and enhance participation in curling by strategically developing sustainable revenue sources, fostering partnerships, and building local capacity with emphasis on lifetime participation and building healthy, active clubs.
What you’ll get:
CLUB/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, EVENTS & NETWORKING
- Access to Curling Alberta’s webinar series featuring club development topics including strategic planning,, social media marketing, legal issues in curling, membership recruitment, program development and more
- Ability to nominate your club, volunteers, and partners for recognition at Curling Alberta’s annual awards celebration.
- Discounted registration to attend Curling Canada’s Business of Curling Symposiums as well as the ability to book a private Business of Curling seminar for your board
- Access to Curling Alberta’s growing repository of club support documents (e.g. samples of successful grant applications, templates for policies, bids and job descriptions, vendor reviews, advocacy tools, etc.)
- Access to tailored consultations regarding your club’s unique challenges and areas of opportunity (including ice maintenance, programming, governance structure, strategic planning, financial viability, marketing, etc.)
COMPETITIONS & CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Access for your members to participate in Curling Alberta and Curling Canada sanctioned competitions including the Curling Club Championships and the Novice Provincial Championships(i.e.- players must be members in good standing with a Curling Alberta member club to compete in any sanctioned event)
- Teams that represent your club at Curling Alberta and Curling Canada sanctioned events will be recognised on social media. Opportunity to share this recognition on the club’s communication platforms.
- Opportunities to bid on hosting Curling Alberta and Curling Canada sanctioned events
- Access to Curling Canada’s eight ender awards for your players
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Access to a free Canva Teams account which provides curling centres with professionally produced social media ads which can be easily customized.
- Access to Curling Alberta’s Director of Community Curling Centre Development who supports curling centres throughout our boundaries to operate effectively and drive increased participation in our sport
- Assistance marketing your club and its programs, events, and other postings through Curling Alberta’s website, social media, and newsletter, It’s Our House
- Ability to participate in Curling Alberta surveys and access to aggregate results
- Access to Curling Alberta’s Affiliated Club Facebook page where the business of curling in Alberta may be discussed.
DISCOUNTS, FUNDING AND CURLING ALBERTA PARTNERS
- Access to 50/50 funds generated at Tier 1 events hosted in Alberta
- Access to grant application consultation and letters of support for club initiatives and applications
- Access to and assistance with setting up Curling IO which is a central online registration and management system that incorporates athlete profiles, scoring and results, participant forms, league management and more. No more paper registrations!
- Access to discounts for your members on home and auto insurance through Belairdirect
- Access to discounts on car rentals for your members through Budget
- Ability for your members to apply for Curling Alberta and Curling Canada scholarships
- Access to Curling Alberta’s membership with Grant Watch which is a leading source of funding information for non-profits
- Ability to fundraise when approval from governing body is required by AGLC.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
- Ability for your club to host certification and training opportunities for coaches (NCCP), officials, ice technicians and volunteers
- Access to Curling Alberta and Curling Canada programs and curriculums such as Hit Draw Tap, Curling 101, and Ready to Rock
- Ability to borrow equipment (such as “Rocks and Rings” sets and junior curling rocks)
- Ability for your players to register for Curling Alberta camps, high performance programs, and the Excel Points race
- Access to consultation with trained facilitators on delivering Learn to Curl courses and other “try it” opportunities
- Opportunities to host Curling Alberta junior recruitment events such as the “Ready to Rock” program aimed at attracting youth and increasing diversity in our sport.
- Collaborate with Curling Alberta’s Advocacy Committee, which has been stuck to influence decisions within political, economic, social systems and institutions
- Be part of the efforts to increase awareness, popularity, and the perceived value of curling in the community.
- Have a voice in the future of our sport and this association through your zone Director and a vote at all special and general meetings.