Curling Alberta prides itself on being a resource to all levels of curling in Alberta. This page will be updated with information that we feel may be relevant to clubs, including current public health concerns associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19). This page will also contain important return to curling information. Clubs and curlers, this is your platform to share additional resources with each other as well.
Curling has been modified this season to ensure it remains a low-risk sport. This informative curling video highlights these modifications to the game and shows how you can maintain distance at your club! This video was developed in partnership with the Leduc Curling Club and the Sherwood Park Curling Club.
Affiliated Club Facebook Group
We understand the importance of collaboration. To encourage clubs to ask questions, share ideas and let others know what works or hasn’t worked in the past, we have created a private Facebook group. Please click here to visit and join the Facebook group.
Curling Alberta Webinars
- Legal and Insurance Implications, July 8, 2020
- Relaunch Trials, Successes and Suggestions from the Golf Industry, July 22, 2020
- Return to Play, Aug 14, 2020
- Guidance Updates and Return to Play Panel, September 9th
- Return to Play Updates, September 23
- AHS Guidance for Lounges for Alberta Curling Clubs, October 8
- Crisis Management for Member Clubs, November 2, 2020
- Business of Curling Summit – Development webinars beginning in mid-May and running through the month of June. Details to come.
Curling Alberta Updates
- Updates to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (March 13)
- COVID-19 resources (March 17)
- Further resources (March 26)
- Updates to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (March 28)
- Further Updates on COVID 19 and Federal Government programs (April 2)
- Important Notice of Fee Change Postponement (April 21)
- Curling Alberta Update (May 22)
- Curling Canada Webinar RE: government support (May 26)
- Curling Alberta Update (July 14)
- Curling Alberta Update (August 28)
- Toolkit Update (September 4)
- Webinar Reminder and Deadline (September 4)
- Updates SPAR Guidance, FAQs, Upcoming Webinar Reminder (September 8)
- Media Toolkit: Curling AB Intro Letter (September 16)
- Curling Alberta Reminds Curlers to Remain Vigilant (November 2)
- Announcement of Curling Alberta Membership Fee Refunds and Data Collection (Dec 2)
- Club Membership Fee and Data Collection FAQ (Dec 2)
- Membership Data Intake Form (Dec 2)
Return to Play
The following resources inform you on how to prepare for a “safe return to work”:
- Guidance for reopening from Alberta Biz Connect.
- City of Calgary working to re-open sport fields and activate the booking and permitting process .
- Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy – A safely staged COVID-19 recovery plan to relaunch our economy.
- Government of Canada – Risk-informed decision-making guidelines for workplaces and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Does Your Force Majeure Clause Cover the Coronavirus? (Meetings Professionals International)
- Coronavirus and Force Majeure Contract Clauses (The National Law Review)
- Alberta Nonprofits, COVID-19 and AGMS: Can we Hold a Virtual AGM? (IntegralOrg)
- IntegralOrg’s Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Toolkit
- Field Law: Mitigating Risk as Employees Return to Work Q&A
Refer to the following resources for more information:
- Government of Canada – Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, CEWS online calculator.
- Government of Alberta – updates on actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans.
- City of Calgary – City actions and information related to COVID-19.
- Alberta Health Services – Information and guidance from AHS.
- AGLC – updates on casino and charitable gambling.
- Calgary Economic Development – guidance &resources page.
- Chamber of Voluntary Organizations – Calgary – Edmonton – Various resources + COVID-19 resource pages.
- A live-tracker of the spread of the disease from Johns Hopkins University
- The Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for traveling and recommendations for mass gatherings and large events
- World Health Organization’s explanatory video and resources page
- Vitreo Group Inc. is a full-service fundraising and nonprofit leadership development firm and has some great fundraising resources.