Rescheduled Mixed Provincial Qualifier and Provincial Cancelled

August 20, 2020

Curling Alberta’s Mixed Provincial Qualifier, rescheduled for September 4-6, at the Leduc Curling Club and Provincial Championship, rescheduled for September 16-20 at the Airdrie Curling Club have been canceled outright.

The primary reason for this is due to the current guidance related to competitions and travel guidance published by Alberta Health, in conjunction with Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation (SPAR) Branch.  Unfortunately, the relaunch guidance for phase 2 states that “activities should be restricted to local opportunities. Participants should not seek sport, physical activity, and recreational opportunities in other regions”.

The health and safety of our volunteers, curlers, host committees and fans, continue to be our priority. We will continue to monitor the relevant health and safety guidance to ensure we are only playing if and when it is safe to do so. Our sincere thanks to all those who make our competitions possible even in these unprecedented times, and to our athletes for their patience and support while we juggle timing and schedules.

Refunds will be processed automatically in the coming days and will be applied as described below:

  • Teams who registered but did not play at all will receive a full refund.
  • Teams who competed in a qualifier and earned a berth to provincials will receive a 70% refund.  The other 30% will be used to help off-set host and administration fees for those two qualifiers.
  • Teams who were eliminated in a qualifier will not receive a refund.

Please email [email protected] with any questions.

Scroll to Top