December 12-17, 2022, Leduc Curling Club, Leduc, AB
Sponsored by the National Wheelchair Curling Program
Curling Canada is pleased to announce a pilot mixed doubles wheelchair curling event. The goal of the event is to support mixed doubles wheelchair curling in Canada. In accordance with the International Paralympic Committee and World Curling Federation classification guidelines, this event aims to provide a competitive opportunity for wheelchair curling athletes “with significant impairments in lower leg/gait function, who usually require a wheelchair for daily mobility (i.e., spinal injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, or double leg amputation). More specifically, these are athletes who are non-ambulant or only able to walk short distances”. The registration deadline is October 30, 2022. Only complete team entries (i.e., one female and one male) will be accepted. Provincial and territorial representation will be taken into consideration based on the number of registered teams. Athletes are not required to play with a teammate from the same province.
- Date: December 12-17, 2022
- Location: Leduc Curling Club, Leduc, AB
- Format: Mixed doubles (8-end games)
- Round robin and playoffs (number of games based on number of teams)
- Team entry fee: $300 (100% of entry fees will be put towards the prize purse)
- Prize purse will be based on entry fees (all playoff teams receive prize money)
For more information and to register, click here.