Curling Alberta prides itself on being a resource to all levels of curling in Alberta. This page will be updated with information that we feel may be relevant to clubs, including current public health concerns associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19). Clubs, this is your platform to share additional resources with each other as well.
Curling Alberta Updates
- Updates to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (March 13)
- COVID-19 resources (March 17)
- Further resources (March 26)
- Updates to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan (March 28)
- Further Updates on COVID 19 and Federal Government programs (April 2)
- Curling Alberta Update (May 22)
- Curling Canada Webinar RE: government support (May 26)
The following resources inform you on how to prepare for a “safe return to work”:
- Guidance for reopening from Alberta Biz Connect.
- City of Calgary working to re-open sport fields and activate the booking and permitting process .
- Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy – A safely staged COVID-19 recovery plan to relaunch our economy.
- Government of Canada – Risk-informed decision-making guidelines for workplaces and businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Does Your Force Majeure Clause Cover the Coronavirus? (Meetings Professionals International)
- Coronavirus and Force Majeure Contract Clauses (The National Law Review)
- Alberta Nonprofits, COVID-19 and AGMS: Can we Hold a Virtual AGM? (IntegralOrg)
Refer to the following resources for more information:
- Government of Canada – Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, CEWS online calculator.
- Government of Alberta – updates on actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans.
- City of Calgary – City actions and information related to COVID-19.
- Alberta Health Services – Information and guidance from AHS.
- AGLC – updates on casino and charitable gambling.
- Calgary Economic Development – guidance &resources page.
- Chamber of Voluntary Organizations – Calgary – Edmonton – Various resources + COVID-19 resource pages.
- A live-tracker of the spread of the disease from Johns Hopkins University
- The Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for traveling and recommendations for mass gatherings and large events
- World Health Organization’s explanatory video and resources page
Return to Play
Information coming soon
Affiliated Club Facebook Group
We understand the importance of collaboration. To encourage clubs to ask questions, share ideas and let others know what works or hasn’t worked in the past, we have created a private Facebook group. Please click here to visit and join the Facebook group.